The UK’s longest running adventure tour operator, Exodus, is celebrating its 40th anniversary today.
Founded by two friends, Exodus’ first trip departed on 4 February 1974, an overland tour to the Minaret of Jam in Afghanistan.
In those 40 years of adventures across 90 countries in seven continents, Exodus was the first tour operator to enter new destinations such as Mt Elbrus in Russia and Lake Baikal in Siberia following the break-up of the Soviet Union in 1990.
Exodus was also the first operator to take an overland truck into China in the 90s, something which no other UK company managed to do until over 10 years later.
A handful of Exodus achievements over 40 years:
· Over 20,000 summits of Kilimanjaro
· Over 30,000 to reach Everest Base Camp
· The first company to run its own overland vehicles in China
· The market leader in small ship adventures in the Arctic and Antarctic
· Over 600 weddings sparked from couples meeting on Exodus holidays (no recorded figure for divorces!)
· A billion wildebeest sighted crossing the Mara River
· Over two million steps climbed and descended on the Inca trail
· Numerousorphanages, schools, natal clinics, nurseries and youth centres all constructed in developing areas where Exodus travels
· More than 500 people have done more than 20 Exodus holidays.
Forty years and counting ……
Celebrating its 40th year, leading adventure tour operator Exodus has a vast range of adventure and activity holidays across seven continents, offering places as diverse and as exhilarating as Kilimanjaro, Machu Picchu, the Ice Hotel and Antarctica.
Whether it is solo travellers, couples, groups or families, Exodus offers an incredible choice of different trips for all ages.
Operating in 90 countries with over 500 tours, Exodus insists on low impact tourism and increasingly looks to bring benefit to local communities.
Activities on offer include walking, trekking, cycling, mountain biking, rafting, kayaking, caving, cross-country skiing, snowshoeing and dogsledding as well as many many more…
For more information or to discuss a trip, please contact Paul Stokes, Carolyn van Vliet, Sara Whines or Natalie Amos at Four bgb on 0203 697 4200. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org